- The value of global ocean assets is estimated at over US$ 24 trillion making it the 7th largest economy in the world.
- The ‘Blue Economy’ is expected to expand at twice the rate of the mainstream economy by 2030, and already contributes US$ 2.5 trillion a year in economic output.
- Over two-thirds of the ocean’s direct economic value relies on its good health.
We drive the blue shift. To achieve this we invest into leading series A ocean ventures globally:
- Smart sustainable aquaculture
- The future of ocean food; lower trophic species, lab grown and vegan
- Sustainable feed
- Technology for sustainable wild catch
- New materials
- Health, nutraceuticals and beauty
- Ocean data generation
- Ocean big data, analysis, sharing and use
Feed the planet in a healthy and sustainable way
Improve utilization of ocean resources
Support fact-based, informed decision-making
The timing is right
- Consumers and top talent demands sustainability.
- A next generation of entrepreneurs develop solutions for the ocean sector, leveraging new technologies.
- Capital is mobilizing.
- A sustainable ocean can play a vital role in building back better after COVID-19.